Monday, April 18, 2016

Struggling Today


        I am quite tired today. It could be because I wake up so many times during the night from sleep apnea. I knew I had it, but the doctor confirmed today with a phone call. She said that at some points during the night, I only have 45% oxygen. That definitely explains why I am so extremely exhausted all the time. It is difficult to think or stay awake sometimes. I have actually fallen asleep on the toilet more times than I can count. Once was for at least 45 minutes!

         It’s a good thing I am actually doing something about it now. One week down and a lifetime to go. I am struggling today with being happy about the changes to my diet. I like to look forward to my meals and today I simply could not be content eating a salad. Hopefully, my taste buds will change and I will crave vegetables one day. I have been weighing and measuring everything and that helps. It is not bothersome thus far. I just know that I feel lighter and less swollen. That is good enough reason to not give up this time. I know I am fatigued and fuzzy, but the CPAP machine should rectify that. More oxygen at night means more sleep. More sleep means more energy during the day. More energy means more gumption on my part because I will actually FEEL like doing extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment