Saturday, April 16, 2016

Something Finally Clicked



          It's crazy, right? After all these years, I finally feel like I can do this. I can lose weight. I can be healthy. The only one who was stopping me was me because I was too much in my head.

         "What if I have tons of excess skin? What if I still can't get a teaching job? Or worse, what if I fail at teaching? What if it takes too many years to lose the weight? My life is already half over. What is the point in even trying now, just to feel bad 10 years later? No one will ever want me anyway because I won't look normal."

         But, you know what? God has a plan for my life. He is just waiting for me to make my move and lose this weight. Well, it is almost the end of the first week and I’m making it. It has not been perfect, by any means, but I’m doing better.

         My brother is doing this with me and we came up with a schedule to lead us into healthier eating and exercise habits. We started this past Monday with 2 days ON the diet, 1 day off. Repeat. Then we will do 3 days on and 1 day off. Repeat. Eventually we will get to 6 days on and 1 off and stay there. And even on our days off, we are trying to cut back some.

         This week, I have cut back on fast food, fried food, mayo, soda, and sweets. I have watched my portion sizes and substituted unhealthy foods for fruits and nuts. Next week, I will have to start eating some veggies. I think I can at least get in one serving a day. I can try anyway. Lol

         It might be all in my head, I but I do feel better. My legs, stomach, and fupa don’t feel as swollen. It is easier for me to put on my pants, socks, and lift my legs up. I actually feel lighter, but it is probably just fluid loss for now. I’ll take it though! I’m only going to get better at this! And I know having “treat” days is helping me make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment