Saturday, August 10, 2013

Got Rid of Some Weight!

Well, I have lost almost 15 lbs since my last doctor visit. At the end of May, I weighed in at 485 even, and now have dropped to 470.4! I was laid off from my teaching job, so I have not had a lot of extra money for eating out. Relying on a 20 hour or less per week part-time job does not leave room for ANYTHING else, besides bills. But, at least it has forced me to choose semi-healthier foods. I still cannot afford fresh fruits and veggies everyday, but I continue decreasing my soda intake, cooking less fried foods, and eating less beef. I really think it is the decrease in soda and fast food that did it! Now I try to purchase foods that cost less and last longer, such as cereal, sandwiches, soups, peanut butter, popcorn, and boxed bars for work breaks. I have also dug through my pantry to find some Wyler's light water mix, which is a good substitute for the days I NEED to drink something with flavor and have already had my soda for the day. It is a struggle and I think about food a lot. When I don't have my Dews in the fridge, I crave them more. It is easier to know they are there and I can have one if I choose. I know I need to lay my burdens down at the feet of Jesus. I know I could fast, pray, and read the Bible when I feel the need to overindulge. I need to work on that! I am nowhere close to where I need to be, but I am slowly getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment