Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sticking with it is SOOOO Hard!!!

Well, I started off really well about 2 weeks ago. I was having MAJOR lower back pains (think kidneys) in the middle of the night. It became so bad that I had to get up and move around for 30 minutes before I could go back to sleep! I knew the culprit HAD to be my Dews! I tried having one can every other day, but ended up having them on consecutive days the second week. I just felt like my body NEEDED that, especially my brain. Ahhh.... Last night, I drank two cans and my back hurt a little this morning. Uh-oh. I cannot go back to drinking my dews! I need to move foward, and not back. I am going to try really hard not to have any cans today. If I feel I need one tomorrow, I shall have one. Every  other day. I can do that, right? 

I have also cut back on the amount of red meat I have be eating. Not because I don't want it, mind you. But because, I don't have the money to purchase as much!! I guess that is a good thing. Also, hamburger helper was a staple in my diet, until they changed their ingredients. Now the cheese is disgusting!! No more HH for me. Yuck! I called to complain and they acted like they didn't believe me. They even sent me coupons for free boxes. Uh, yeah no thank you! Like I really want MORE of what I was complaining about! Luckily, Kmart still has some of the old packages left, so maybe I will use the coupons there--when I can afford the hamburger that  is!! lol 

Let's see...other good things I have been doing. I have been drinking tons more water, especially before and during my meals. Even when I plan on drinking a dew with my meal, I make sure to have water with the first half. I have also been eating more sandwiches and soups, instead of unhealthy meals I would normally make from beef. Ya know..tacos, haystacks, Helper, meatball subs, ect. The good stuff. 

My body has felt like it has been lacking something. I think that is why I caved the past couple of days and overate, with dews too. I need to try to eat more fruits and veggies. Maybe that is what my body is needing. I just wish I could afford healthier stuff. I am so broke that I had to buy 4 packs of noodles on two separate transactions to get cash back for my rent. I had to go with the cheapest things in the store. I mean, I could have bought two bananas I suppose, but they would not have filled me up like the noodles. *sigh. Oh, well.... I have been finding information on Pinterest about what to eat/drink and when. I need to write it all down. When do I drink water and how much? How do I split up my food groups throughout the day? What exactly  are processed foods? Are canned/containers of fruits and veggies JUST as good for you? This is only the beginning. 



3 comments:

  1. You drink water as often as humanly possible. It keeps you feeling full, flushes your body, and allows your organs and cells to work at optimum levels. Water all day, every day.

    Processed foods are anything that didn't come from the earth. If you are reading the ingredients on a package and the ingredient list is miles long, the food is processed. If there are words in there that you can't pronounce, can't define, or don't understand, that is some processed food. You want to eat whole, natural, healthy foods. Things like veggies, fruits, whole grains. Canned veggies are better than no veggies, but the best veggies are fresh or frozen. Canned should be a last resort.

    I've never been your size, but I'm an emotional eater and chronic binger and found myself almost 100 pounds overweight. I'm now just 30 pounds over and am still losing, so I definitely know that losing weight and changing your life is hard. Some days will be better than others. But if you want to live the best possible life you can, you have to stick with it and work hard! It'll all be worth it in the end, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I know I need to do something--NOW. Most of the time I feel that it is too late. As big as I am, I feel bad most of the time and hurt ALL the time. It stinks because there are things I would really love to do again. When someone invites me to do something, my gut reaction is "Oh, yeah!" But, then I think about the stairs I might have to climb, the chair I might not fit into, whether I will have to walk a long distance, if the person's seat belt will fasten with me in it etc. I know doing something is better than nothing. If I can just get my chest to stop hurting and not be short of breath, maybe I can start exercising too. I really do want to start eating to live. I think I need to find something else to do when I am craving food and am not hungry. I could visit a neighbor, get on here and blog--lol, pray, read the Bible, call a friend, and on and on. It's just getting that mindset that I can do other things besides eat when I am bored, happy, angry (place ANY other emotion here). But, I will keep you and the other 3 people who read this posted. haha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete